This just happened...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

I am sitting with the girls all snuggled up in my shirt, foruming and drinking red wine. Suddenly, Lucille pops out of my neck hole, GRABS my lower lip and starts licking the inner part. When I tried to free my lip from her tiny grasp... well, she holds on harder. LOL

Luckily it wasn't RIGHT after a sip of wine. Silly alcoholic rattie.

Just felt like sharing.

I so know how you feel I have huge scratch on my nose where Ivy grabbed at me last night and Clover is the worst about grabbing my lips and hanging on for dear life. But how can you get mad at them they are just trying to tell you your breath smells oh so yummy. :lol5:

I remember one time they grabbed my sisters lips too hard and she started bleeding.. Funny thing was she didn't notice while I'm freaking out. hehehe, sometimes they just grab a little too hard.

My rats go absolutely wild and crazy over beer. Found that out one night when I tried to take them out to introduce them to some friends, but all they were interested in was getting to the beer. LOL

Yours must have a more dignified taste. ;)

Lise said:
My rats go absolutely wild and crazy over beer. Found that out one night when I tried to take them out to introduce them to some friends, but all they were interested in was getting to the beer. LOL

Yours must have a more dignified taste. ;)

Mine too :lol: my BF had just taken a swig of beer and then went to the cage to see Coal (my black berk) and Coal tried to pry my bf's mouth open so my bf opened his mouth and Coal tried to climb right in :lol6: My Bf used to give his rats beer back when he had them on his own but I won't let him give it to my guys now :batbeat:

Mine don't go after my mouth (maybe that's a 'You know your breath is really bad when... a rat go near it' thing) But I've had a few that will nip my upper eyelids when they are near my face. What is that about??

Oh yeah, they sure do love beer! I will sometimes (yes - rarely) give old sick kids a bit from a can that's been sitting so the fizzle goes out.
I've heard of exterminators in New York putting out beer cause they will drink enough it will kill them.

Awww! Congratulations! Don't you love it??
My girl just loves licking and grooming my face, lips, mouth, teeth.... I know a lot of people are grossed out but I love it! Sometimes she gets a little bit too carried away and she wants to pull my tongue out.

Chailyn enjoyed a few licks of wine with us once. It was so cute! Here are two pictures.
In the third picture, my husband was eating popcorn and she just opened up his mouth and started stealing them, stashing, coming back for more.

DSCN4886.jpg

DSCN4890.jpg

DSCN5757-1.jpg

moon said:
Melissa, I'm thinking one night I need to head downtown and we need to have a wine night!
Sounds good to me!

There is a wonderful lounge called "insomnia" at Bathurst and Bloor and they have the most decadent martini's!

moon said:
I am sitting with the girls all snuggled up in my shirt, foruming and drinking red wine. Suddenly, Lucille pops out of my neck hole, GRABS my lower lip and starts licking the inner part. When I tried to free my lip from her tiny grasp... well, she holds on harder. LOL

Luckily it wasn't RIGHT after a sip of wine. Silly alcoholic rattie.

Just felt like sharing.

LOL!!!! THAT IS HYSTERICAL!!!!! :D

I won't let the boys near me when I drink anything other than water.

I'm worried about anything with bubbles. Debbie Ducummon says that rats can't burp and that carbonated drinks can kill them. I know that wine isn't carbonated but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

My boys also have the tendency to play Tarzan on the couch and I don't want them to have an accident by having a system full of alcohol...LOL

Debbie also said that rats can fart... She ISN'T KIDDING!!! OY!!!! :shock:

Back