The Shirt Trap

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brax

I've heard it before and so might you have. The first time you wear a big, baggy shirt with the rats and they dive in. Then you do not even need a baggy shirt and they want to hang out in your clothes all the time. This is the issue I have. It's itchy and sometimes painful when they want to hang on my back and they seem to be leaving my skin irritated but I do not mind that too much. No, but they do want to hide there all the time now and I was wondering if you experienced rat fanciers might give me advice on how to deal with this. I'm not sure I can properly socialize them if all they do is hide when outside of the cage.

Using the baggy shirt is an excellent method to bond with your rats.
Most people use two shirts though to avoid getting scratched. How old are your rats? Eventually, hiding in your shirt will no longer be their need and they will want to explore.

Yep, when my girls are out and they choose to use me as their favorite toy, I always wear a certain hoodie so they can "Go spelunking".

Except Lady.
She likes to cleavage-dive.
I think she likes to hear me squeal when I first feel those little ratty claws on my skin.

Back