The Loaner Cage :) AKA Bradley and Rennie's New Pad

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I figured a boy who just went through a surgery deserved a new cage, and thanks to Elizabeth's generosity, she has loaned me one of her Hagen Chinchilla cages. I put shelves in it, toys and hammies and voila

Elizabethsloanercage.jpg

...Rennie has never ever had it sooo good :lol:

Renniedrinking.jpg

Wow! It never looked so good at my house! I'm glad to see the happy couple has a nice retirement home! :thumbup:

Walmart kitchen shelf? I had better go take a look. The Chinchilla looks great with the two shelfves and ramps. Where did you get the ramps?

Oh, yes, and dear Rennie looks very content in her lovely new home!

Wendy, if I'm not mistaken the ramps are cut down wooden bird ladders wrapped in the shelf liner stuff. Shelagh's a Pro at cage modification!

Yep thats right. wooden bird ladders covered by shelf liner stuff. :D

These are the shelves i use regularly too :D There's the corner one in the top of the chin cage and the Walmart one on the bottom covered with stick-down lino.

wireshelves.jpg

We have been using the corner shelves for a few years but the stores haven't had them in since the summer ... don't think they are getting them in anymore.

Picked up a couple of the walmart shelves yesterday :)

My Chinchilla has two of the corner shelves, and I had been putting a Coroplast shelf over top of it.... not a great solution. I love the Walmart rectangular shelf! Time to go to my un-favourite store (always crowded, can't find anyone to help you) & get some. I don't use my Chinchilla often but it really comes in handy sometimes.

Back