teeth on rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raindrop

How long is too long concerning rat's teeth. When I look at a rat's mouth I think all rats have long teeth for their size. :happydance: I have one PEW who is thinner than I would like. She eats hard stuff but seems to take forever to do it. She seems active enough for her age (20 months), no sniffles and any other symptoms of illness.

Ann

Rats bottom teeth are and should be quite long, almost reaching the top. The top teeth shouldn't be too long. They should also be straight, the bottom ones can separate. The bottom ones can be pointy but the tops shouldn't be. When I'll get the chance, I'll take pics.

Wow... 30 months!! that's just amazing. If she's still eating her blocks and such, she's probably fine. Supplement her with some baby cereal and olive oil if you find her too skinny.

I must be wishful think today. I mean 20 months. I changed it up above.It has been a long day and only started. My Fridays off had turned into wedding plans running.

Ann

Thank You Joanne. I will examine our ratties when I get home tonight. We are fairly busy this week with having our granddaughters with us (our daughters two rabbits) but we make time for all our pets.

Ann

raindrop said:
Thank You Joanne. I will examine our ratties when I get home tonight. We are fairly busy this week with having our granddaughters with us (our daughters two rabbits) but we make time for all our pets.

Ann

LOL!! my jaw dropped before reading about the bunnies! I thought, wow, that was fast. Sweet! Fun bunny binkies for you!!

Back