Tail Injury >_<

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTyne

I just had the girls out for out time in the bathroom, and it just got cut short.
They were running around on the floor and I was taking pictures of them, once I felt I had enough pictures of their cuteness I went and sat on the toilet and put the camera on the back on the toilet. (STUPID idea!!!!!)
Well when I was sitting on the toilet watching them Penelope was right underneath and somehow the camera slid off of the toilet. :emb:
Well obviously I was afraid that the camera had fallen on one of them, and if it had it would have seriously hurt them because it's not a light camera.
Penelope wouldn't come out from behind the toilet for a few seconds but I coaxed her out, they all seemed fine and no one had squeaked or anything.
I then noticed that quite a large piece of skin on Penelope's tail was hanging off. :sad3: She doesn't seem in pain at all, she didn't squeak, she went back to running around right away. I tried to clean her tail but she was really squirmy, but I sprayed it with polysporin (not the goopy gel). It bled but only minimally to where it didn't even leave the wound site (very small amount of blood).
There is still a large piece of skin hanging off but it's held on by a lot so I just left it.
Is there anything else I should do?

I feel SO bad!! :sad3: I should have put the camera on a more secure surface. :cry4:

*edit- I tried to get a picture but she wouldn't stay still and it just kept coming out really blurry where you couldn't see it at all.

If your little girl doesn't seem bothered by it then I'd let it be. Keep it clean and watch for infection.
Don't beat yourself up over this, these things happen.

Alright. :S
When I first saw it I thought it looked really bad, but then the lack of bleeding made me think it wasn't as bad as I thought, and then the way she acted afterwards confirmed that.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Back