Successful intro?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowpaws

Just got two new rats, and have been doing the bathtrub intro's for 2 days. Lots of Pea baby food and carrots and yoggies. My bigger (but not older. :? ?) Nubs has been domnatiing the two smaller ones, and I'm glad that there has been nothing too harsh yet. He enjoyes pouncing at them, a few nibbles at the feet, and then the smaller one stops moving and kind of rolls over. A single squeek, and then Nubs licks and grooms. Is this a good thing? lol, never did this before, so I'm hoping that Nubs is just telling them who's boss.

Nubs is around 4months old, a little older maybe. I got him Jan. 28th and the man said he was about 3 weeks old.

The new boys are around 4 months, thought I think their a bit younger. Their recognizably smaller than Nubs, but I also think Nubs just justa big boned boy. :)

Sounds like it's going great. But keep at it, then do an intro in a familiar area, that's where you'll see his true colours come out. If he acts the same way, then it's all good.

Aww, sounds like your Nubs is a sweet boy at heart and loves his new little proteges. I hope to see picture of all 3 snuggled up together soon!

Perfectly normal behavior. They're a little young to be trying to establish real dominance, but it's all leading up to that anyhow. Nubs is just letting them know he's the big boss, the the younger ones [by flipping] are agreeing with him.

As Jo said, keep at it and try them in a familiar territory. If things keep on going smoothly, you should have them integrated in no time.

Back