STUPID LOCAL PET STORE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

ARG I am so pissed right now. My boss is in search for fish at the moment for her indoor pond so I have been getting prices for her. If you have ever seen the movie Devil Wears Prada well tone it down a bit and that's my life. But that's another story. So on her request I am finding out the cost of fish from Penetang Pets. I refuse to go into that store, now I even have a better reason. I found their website. THEY BREED RATS in store for sale. I highly doubt they know a lot about it. When I went in there a long time ago, I asked if they had rats and they had them in a small cage in the back. Now at the time I thought they were live feeding. They sell frozen feeders of all kinds. But NOW I know why those ones were in the back so long ago. They breed them. But here's the worst part of it, if I am correct and those were breed there, they certainly weren't well socialized, they bite and hard but because it was a baby rat it didn't hurt that much. Also one was missing an eye and another had a torn ear. I am sure they wouldn't sell the ones that were 'damaged' but still.

BAH

Just had a guy my hubby used to work with call. Seems he bought his kids two young rats from the pet store and now 2 weeks later has 2 litters of babies....he wanted to know if I wanted them :cry: Poor babies...what are they going to do......they said "oh well we will just find good homes for them"......they make that sound so easy......

I know....I tried taking information on rat care to the pet store but the people in there aren't interested in learning...they don't care if they sell people pregnant rats. I don't know what ...if anything, we can do.......

Pet stores view it as a you buy it, you fix it. The store I worked at bred rats for feeders. Luckily, they only had the two pairs. The first pair was Ruffles and his girlfriend. They are very friendly, played with alot. The babies are well socialized too. But they're sold as feeders. It kills me. Teddy is one of those babies. The other pair is there because a PEW female escaped one day and was found pregnant. She's far from friendly. And she was the one veing sold as a pet. The feeders were always more friendly at this store. Not taken care of great, but I have to say the conditions are the best I could ask for from a pet store.
When it comes to the bedding, they say it isn't cost efficient to not use pine for the feeders. All the pets get carefresh. I think it's bull, but what can you do? The employees have little power unless they want to take them all home themselves, and the managers are controlled by the head office. Which says be cost efficient and sell, sell, sell. I was even asked one time why I don't just buy a dog from there because it was in a small kennel! Yah, because I can go buy every dog. Right! The best I could do, if I wanted to keep my job. was to take the best care of the dogs I could while they were there. And the sales girls would sell as many as they could as fast as possible. The top people are asses, and those are the ones you never see. (At least in the big chains)

:evil: :x .........................................................................

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:swear:

for all those angels who have suffered because of petstores. :roseopen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back