Stuff on my rat *graphic*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this look like mites or fleas? Delphi has been a bit itchy but until this morning her skin seemed fine. Now it looks like this...its on her right side goes from just under her chest up over her shoulder including under the ear! There are 4 rats in that cage and she is the only itchy one and the only one with the marks. I gave her a gentle oatmeal bath to try and ease the itch.
7ydu3y2a.jpg

a9agapag.jpg

zypy5ybe.jpg

3abunequ.jpg

I'm also contemplating that its an allergic or dermatological reaction to mold as we use the oxbow young rat and mouse and I've probably gone through a bag or two as they are only 2.5 lbs and I have 12 young ones with good appetites and there is a cage right next to theirs that the food was given to!?

Last edited:
Lice you are going to see moving around on their fur. Mites scab can be anywhere, but they are usually around neck and under the chin and not all your rats will show signs

One drop of CAT strength Revo between their shoulder blades. If you have a really big rat (600 gm+), then you might want to use two drops.

Round of revo-cat dropped on everyone...seems to have done it!
Delphi is not scratching anymore. Did spray her with an animal friendly soothing tea tree oil spray and she loved that. She also loves baths right under the running water so we've done a few luke warm rinses to soothe her skin!

I never managed to get Bean's cyst up here before but better late than never.

First Bean developed a small lump on his hip, which grew and grew then the fur started coming off a little and little scabs showed up...I was sure it was a malignancy. Then while examining it I gave it a squeeze and it was firm but gave and then stayed like that, so I gave it a squeeze and the cystic material started coming out like lumpy toothpaste.

Jul1214Beanscyst2.jpg~original

Jul1214Beanscyst.jpg~original

This is how much came out

Jul1214Beanscysticmaterialwithquarter.jpg~original

and his empty cyst. :D

Jul1214Beansemptycyst.jpg~original

Cysts like that are so weird. Boots had one in his tummy. I thought it was a bite scab from his brothers biting him but then I rubbed my finger over it to feel for tenderness and any infection and it popped open and it was more loose then that stuff but holy did a bunch ever come out. Got more out the second day then it cleared up

Latest posts

Back