Starla's babies - Blind rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

I just found out that one of Starla's kids is blind. He is a pew with a little nose smudge. I find that Ivy, which is of the same colour and nose smudge has bad vision too. But, he is BLIND. So, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed their babies have bad vision from Starla's litter.

That's really weird cause even blind, rats know where things are. My mom had a rat with no eyes and he knew where everything was. They don't rely on sight, it's their sense of smell and touch.

I think the whole thing is that when you have a rat that you don't know is blind you treat them normally and change things around which makes it so much harder. But once that understand is there and you know why the rat is doing what they are doing then it makes things so much easier for both human and rat.

Although Ruby is PEW she is WAY more daring then Hazel (black eyes) and Lily (Ruby eyes). She does things that the others won't even try like scaling a human standing up (well Hazel followed after Ruby did it). She hangs upside down on the top (four feet on the bars) she also finds ways of climbing around the cage that the other two don't do. I call her my monkey.

Back