Spice 7-10-05 to 10-05-07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

I really hoped Spice would be with us for much longer....

He was diagnosed a few weeks back with lung disease, an xray confirmed that along with a shady area over/around his heart that the vet was very suspicious of....not heart problems though. We started him on aminophylline and this past week pred was also added. My poor little mans' feet were turning blue tonight and he started having major problems. His other brothers Fizzgig and Lightning passed at much younger ages, Fizz from a massive heart attack and Lightning from unknown causes but most likely blood clots in his lungs, so sadly this respiratory thing runs in the family.

He is survived by his brother Dusty.

Spicey was a very sweet rat, he has always been up for a cuddle and loved hanging out in HIS hammock or snuggling with his Duster brother.

Play hard at the bridge sweet man and come to snuggle with Dusty often as I know he misses you already like I do.

Spice (dumbo) and Dusty
DustyandSpice-1.jpg

Hammock time
spicesugar2.jpg

DustyandSpice.jpg

spicemugshot.jpg

Oh Jen... I'm so very sorry.
What a darling boy, look at him standing up, he's a doll.
I keep meeting your sweeties at such unfortunate endings.
Can we meet the rest of your babies, once you feel up to it.
Hugs!

jorats said:
Oh Jen... I'm so very sorry.
What a darling boy, look at him standing up, he's a doll.
I keep meeting your sweeties at such unfortunate endings.
Can we meet the rest of your babies, once you feel up to it.
<<Big>>

I know, I need to charge the camera up.......its on my list of things i need to do. Hopefully Monday I will get a chance to hang out with the rats and take lots of pics.

What a beautiful boy.
I guess all you can do for Spice, Fizzgig & Lightening now is to kiss Dusty's butt and spoil him rotten.
There are some very crappy lineages out there that comprise some very beautiful children.
My Wanda was an angel from a hellacious line. We can't change fates's program for them, but we can control their comfort & enjoyment on earth.
No doubt you've given all your boys a good life. I know they are good with you because I read your posts and see that you are so with them.
I'm so sorry your Spice had to go. Hugs.

mamarat2 said:
I really hoped Spice would be with us for much longer....

He was diagnosed a few weeks back with lung disease, an xray confirmed that along with a shady area over/around his heart that the vet was very suspicious of....not heart problems though. We started him on aminophylline and this past week pred was also added. My poor little mans' feet were turning blue tonight and he started having major problems. His other brothers Fizzgig and Lightning passed at much younger ages, Fizz from a massive heart attack and Lightning from unknown causes but most likely blood clots in his lungs, so sadly this respiratory thing runs in the family.

He is survived by his brother Dusty.

Spicey was a very sweet rat, he has always been up for a cuddle and loved hanging out in HIS hammock or snuggling with his Duster brother.

Play hard at the bridge sweet man and come to snuggle with Dusty often as I know he misses you already like I do.

Spice (dumbo) and Dusty
DustyandSpice-1.jpg

Hammock time
spicesugar2.jpg

DustyandSpice.jpg

spicemugshot.jpg

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry to read about Spice. :tearful:

What a gorgeous little man! I have no doubt that he had a wonderful life with you. I don't think you are capable of anything other than treating your babies like gold. :smile: :heart:

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge little man... I'm sure you will consistently peek over your cloud to check on Jen. She loves you... but I don't think I need to tell you that. :rose:

Back