Sophie Nov. 28th, 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Bean

Sophie was a precious darling that was taken away from her mom far too early. She was a darling. She looked just like Willow Bean but instead of powder blue, she was a very light peach. She was a high white and passed away due to complications of MC.

We saw her at a pet store and I could tell that she wouldn't be able to make it on her own. She was far smaller than the others that she came in with and was constantly eating and drinking, but always very, very slowly. we took her home with us so she wouldn't have to live out her short life as either snake food or as a sick rat in a pet store. We bought her a brand new cage with brand new toys, an igloo and a hammie of her own, then gave her 5 days of cuddles before she left us at the age of about 5 weeks. She was and will always be our angel baby, sent to us for a short time so we could show her that there is truly love on Earth for ratties.

Mommy and Daddy love you and miss you baby. We will never forget you and we talk about you nearly every day. Play hard little girl, you never got to do that here and I always knew you wanted so badly to play like everyone else. We love you baby!

How wonderful of you to give her the life you did, however short. I don't know that I would have been able to do the same, knowing it would end that way.

Thank you everyone for your kind replys. I debated with myself for a while as to if I wanted to post about Sophie or not. She was a very, very special girl and I couldn't stand to see her in that cage with all of the other "healthy" rats, not being able to play with them or keep up with them. It must have been very sad for her. I told the petstore (Petco) several times that I thought there was something wrong with her but they never moved her for observation or took her to a vet so I decided that she must really need me. I was incredibly happy for the few days that I had Sophie and, although it hurt terribly to lose her so early and so fast, I was really at peace with myself for giving her the life that I could. I can't imagine the great feelings that some of you rescue and shelter Moms and Dads must feel for what you are able to do for ratkind. I tip my hat to you fine people and hope that I can be half the rattie advocate that you are.

Thanks again everyoe for your kind words. I miss my little girl but I feel so lucky and so happy to have had a chance to have her in my life. :grouphug2:

Back