Sonora is going to leave me!! R.i.p Sonora & Whisper

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

Have you every had dreams that you would be crying through the whole thing?
I had one of those last night when I had to watch as they put my 4 cats Simon, Jag, Steve and Misty asleep.
I think that it was my subconscious telling me that I was going to lose my rattakiss girls soon.
Sonora is lying on her side barely breathing and I'm afraid when I wake up in the morning she will have left me. :cry:
Depite the meds and everything I have tried to do nothing has helped.
Whisper is still very sick but is ALOT more active and hungry.
Mom and Daughter are a month apart in age but Whisper didn't birth and raise 10 babies.
I think that this has alot to do with it.
Kisses my sweet girl you are the best mommy any baby Rattakiss could want.
Visit my post SONORA ON THE MOVE to see her taking care of her babies. I love you!! :heart:

SONORA cuddling with me two days ago. :cuddle:

Let her cuddle with you tonight if that is what makes her happiest. If she seems unhappy with this put her back in her cage. I am so sorry your little Sonora is leaving you :sad3:

She doesn't want to cuddle like Jeramy did when he was dying. She is cuddled with Whisper.The boys are locked in the botom of the FN and the girls are snuggled together. :heart:

You don't need rat lovers in the house. We are all here to help you along. A sick pet is a terrible thing to watch and deal with, but let it be known, we all care and can understand you pain.
Sorry to hear of the sad news. :heart:

Sometimes you have to make very difficult choices.
Sonora was NEVER going to get better and Whisper was days away from being just like Sonora.
I thought for a long time and struggled with "Is this the right choice?"
What if I have them put to sleep and they could have gotten better with more meds and time?
I desided to do what was best for them not me.
It was so very hard to watch as they breathed there last but it was very important that I could hold them while they slipped away.
There unconditional love and devotion was worth all the pain of watching them go.
They deserved that much.
Goodbye my sweet girls you join your daughters and sisiters, Pengu, Allie & Seraphina.
The boys are fine and I hope the stay that way as I don't know if my heart could take it.
As I write this I can hardly see the keyboard through my tears.
Sometimes life REALLY sucks!! :cry3:
Sonora sleeping with Whisper. They spent all there time cuddled together and now are buried the same way. oxox :heart: :heart:
Baby Sonora March 2008

Momma and her 10 babes

Onion, Whisper, Reggie and Rube May 2008

Baby Whispy

Thanx for your kind thoughts!! :cuddle:
I did ALOT of cuddling with the boys and Delilah. :tumkiss: and I feel much better after being "rattakissed" for 2 hours straight!!
Have I mentioned lately that I :heart: this site?

Back