Some Anniversary Shots

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Hola peeps. I did a quick shoot for my friend Sonya's anniversary. Her husband was home on R&R from his 3rd consecutive tour of duty in Iraq. He is now back over there as of today, actually, and will be home for good in October.

Anyway, they've been married... 7 years? Here are a few shots! We went out to a lake near here called Moon Lake, and found two sweet locations... I didn't even know they were there. One is a spillway down by a creek, where people piled up a rather large amount of limestone... Really stunning. The other was by the park, the tree canopies were just gorgeous. Very pretty spots!

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

I wish I had gotten the water a little better and her position was nicer, haha.
IMG_5086.jpg

I rarely do much in PP besides cropping and maybe a little blemish removal or color retouch, but this was too good to pass up.
IMG_5116.jpg

Here's my artsy fartsy submission.
IMG_5148.jpg

And this was my fav picture, but the quality was poor (GRR) so I had to do this to it.
IMG_5161.jpg

Yayyyyy

Thanks guys!! :D

And in case you think being a photographer is all rainbows and sushine...

IMG_5046.jpg

I got sucked down into some mud scouting out a position for a few shots underneath the roots you see in picture #3. I lost my flip flop and had to pull it out of there.

Yeah... Being muddy was fun though, LOL. There was a whole creek to wash off in, haha. I'm glad I tested it out; I was showing them where I'd want them to stand, and down I went. So that COULD have been them! LOL

Aw thanks, Linds! I like to do it. Someone stoppped me as we were heading back to the car and they were like "Are you a photographer?" and I hold up my camera and I'm like "No I carry this thing around just to build up strength in my neck" but I gave them my email so they can shoot me one and maybe we'll see what comes of that. Not getting my hopes up though. It still was kind of neat.

Back