Sniffs and Sneezes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattieScampie

HELP !

My Tim, sniffs and sneezes, I don't know what to do!

Well, we've only had him for about 2 days! so I'm not sure, I'm keeping a good eye on him, but When ever I'm there and when he's awake!
He sniffs and sneezes quiet a lot!
My sister who is better on rats than I am, Well, she says " I know what you mean"
So I don't know what to do!
my perants don't seem to hear him, and don't seem so paranoide but well, I know him more than they do, and well, also I'm with him more than they do, also they don't get so paranoide as me :wallbang: !!!!!!!!!!
Help!

Please!

Thank you!

I LOVE Tim!!!!!!! :heart: ! :heart: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would keep an eye on him but it's most likely new home sneezies. Rats have excellent noses and changes to their environment can make them sneeze... a lot. I am not sure how long it lasts, but a while. Since you have had him only 2 days I am willing to bet this is what it is.

Thanks, I hope it is too, but you said it lasts a long time, :? :?

I hope he'll be ok! :heart:

He also nibbles! :laugh4: But it's funny!

But do you think he will be ok?

I hope! :heart:

Thanks anyway!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both my boys did that... when i brought them home and then when i moved again. i got realllllllly paranoid bout them, too. you might want to look up some of the tell-tale signs of an upper respiratory infection, and keep an eye on him to make sure that if any of these pop up you take the proper course of action.
good luck!
i'm sure he'll be just fine :hugs:

:rathugz:
sarunia

I've just recently moved homes too and the majority of my rats were sneezing for about a day and now it's all stopped. Sure he'll be ok x

My new rat has also been sneezing quite a bit, I've only had her for around two days. I'm going to change her bedding from carefresh to a towel, is there anything else I should be doing?
I'm not sure if the sneezing would be related to her bedding, cause she also sneezes when she's out with me.

Klairwho said:
My new rat has also been sneezing quite a bit, I've only had her for around two days. I'm going to change her bedding from carefresh to a towel, is there anything else I should be doing?
I'm not sure if the sneezing would be related to her bedding, cause she also sneezes when she's out with me.

We usually call those new home sneezes. Rats in a new environment do so much sniffing, they can breathe in debris which can cause sneezing. But carefresh could very well be the culprit too. If she doesn't stop in a week or two, then you look for other symptoms. Let us know how it goes.

I have found out the problem and he and Dougie had a little cold!
That could have turned serious but he's getting better with antibiotics! :D

Yeah, and Dougie had an eye infection, and he could have lost an eye! :(

But they're getting better now!

We've had them about 2 weeks and they're soooooo CUTE Dougie has stopped biting now, but he's nibbeling, quiet hard but he's fine! :D

And Tim, he's still nibbeling!

But he's gorgouse so that doesn't matter , well he hardley nibbels anyway!

They nibble toes! :|

Oh well! :laugh4:

How's it going with you guys!?

Tim & Dougie have been out side there cages a lot for about an hour or a little bit more every day!

It's GREAT!

Mum, ( who wasn't sure about the time end of rats) LOVES them, she trys to go away and do jobs, but she can't!

She just keeps clinging on to them!

They love her!

RattieScampie said:
Mum, LOVES them, she trys to go away and do jobs, but she can't!
She just keeps clinging on to them! They love her!
Been there! Done that! It's good to have your Mum as an ally! :wink2:

I'm so glad your boys are doing better.
The toe nibbling might be forever, some rats love toes and socks. But do try and stop the hand nibbling by saying no and putting them back in the cage for a a minute or two.
I love that mom loves them too now. That's so sweet!

Back