Small bump rupture something coming out...not babies!! HELP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
victoria said:
Don't give Doxy from a couple weeks ago, it's likely expired and can harm her kidneys. (Unless you know for a fact it's still fine.)

Did you try the lubricant?

The Doxy is just under 2 weeks (3 days) it should still be okay?! :shock:

And oh YES to the lubricant (KY)

M0onkist said:
It looks a *lot* like a prolapsed vagina/uterus I saw on a cow once... I got to hold her tail up and out of the way while the vet did the 'reorienting'.

It's a lot easier to deal with prolapses in cows, if only because the structures are bigger - coat disinfected arm up to yea in soap flakes, and then just... guide it back to its rightful spot. Yicky I know. Obviously I wouldn't recommend even trying that with your girlie - besides the structures being tinier, they're also more fragile.

KY jelly would be the order of the day for your girl - don't use petroleum-based lubricants if she stands a chance of eating them. Barring that, some kind of oil like olive oil might be okay... and Shelagh's right, this is an emergency-surgery type of situation.

Yeah, cows are easier to deal with regarding this problem :nod: Boy when I said let it all hang out when I brought her and her sister, Dizzy, home in September, I was not really thinking INNERDS! :giggle: Okay! loosen up *telling myself* tomorrow we have to convince a vet to take us now!! I think I am having sympathy pains for Angele!! :giggle:

rhapsody said:
My foster girl managed for three days with a prolapsed uterus (and it was protruding way more than your girl's), and she did just fine in the end. Curse the limited availability of "exotic" vets!

So you have some time, but just keep an eagle eye on it.

I am living at their cages! got my reclining chair there and slept in it last night! :roll: Thank you for your words of support re the time issue!! :hugs: I can feel the urgency but have limited control on the possible fix and that is a helpless feeling to be sure! :cry:

lilspaz68 said:
I wouldn't use the doxy at this stage, 3 days is not worth it, especially since its doxycycline in the first place.

Took your advice on the doxy! Thank you. Monday at 2:40 pm, Angele will see a vet!!! Keeping her environment clean, giving her good nutritious food and lotsa love!!

Thanks to all who answered the "HELP" call! :hugs:

Down the skating rink like highway we went to see the vet! :shock: He figures it's a tumor. He had a real good look and feel of the "outy" and will be operating on her this Thursday. I just want her quality of life the best it can be! Angele was a pro, well except for the squeaking in protest and the real big squeak of protest then she was quiet and cooperative. :)

Latest posts

Back