Sleeping By Himself

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Karma

Hi All,

My rat Gobo is the the middle of a course of antibiotics to clear up a respiratory infection. He was doing really bad last friday but seem so much better, i would say back to normal now.

Since he has been on the antibiotics i have notice that in the morning when i come to give him his meds he is always sleeping by himself, not with the other 3 rats, who are usually together.

Could this be a sign of ill health?

Your thoughts....

Tara

Like Jo, I've never noticed any relation between the two. Sometimes the same rat will want to cuddle, and then an hour later be off by themselves to nap. It depends on the rat and their personality, and how sick they actually feel.

I've only had one experience with ratties not cuddling together in the hammock and that is just recently with my girl Jazzy & my rather new girl, Branwen. The girls weren't sleeping in the same hammock and that bothered me somewhat. I kept watching each day until today finally! After several weeks of being placed together in the same cage, they are sleeping in the same hammock now! So I would agree that it is probably their personality, not necessarily that one was ill.

Back