Sleep walking dog!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cat does something simular, lol i ushaly have to talk and pet him gently, and then he calms down. but that movie is funnny i have seen it before.

Sleep walking is sometimes genetic...I wonder if the other dogs in her family displayed this behaviour too. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done for sleepwalkers (human and canine); some people do try medications such as anti-depressants with some success, but a lot of people find the side effects of anti depressants unbearable too. Others have tried various sleep inducing drugs, or setting their alarms to wake them up just before their usual sleep walking time, in order to disrupt their sleep cycle.

It seems as though both Bizkit and her owner have learned to live with it though, so long as there's no underlying cause for the sleepwalking (e.g. tumor, epilepsy). I'm personally not a fan of medicating, I think drugging the dog to stop the sleepwalking would be riskier than the sleepwalking itself (so long as stairs were blocked etc)

There really is nothing to do...
Dogs dream just like people and sometimes it leads to them sleepwalking. This pup happens to sleep walk and was probably having a grand ole dream but then there was a wall LOL!! I have seen many pups having great dream and sound like they're crying also one's having nightmare and doing the same thing it all depends on the pooch.

Did you watch the other videos? It looks like pretty consistent sleep walking to me.

I suppose they could try a seizure drug....

Seizure drugs have crazy terrible side-effects...this poor pooch is sleep walking ann I don't feel that any drugs would be a good idea. I barely like the foothold that pharmaceuticals have on the daily lives of people let alone all the drugs for pets. I agree with Moon this pup needs a helmet and maybe some lavender to soothe his/her soul or Bach Rescue remedy, but other than that there doesn't look as if there much to be done.

Back