sick rat, please help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like he needs abs. Baytril and doxy at least. You can give ensure, they like the chocolate kind.

Thank you guys so much for all your advice. If he makes it to the vet visit I will let you know how he's doing. I really appreciate you all. He's sleeping in a nice clean cage at the moment.

Thank you guys so much for all your advice. If he makes it to the vet visit I will let you know how he's doing. I really appreciate you all. He's sleeping in a nice clean cage at the moment.

Poor baby. Seeing videos like that makes my heart break. I haven't experienced having an old rat before, but I know seeing any of my babies like that would make me SO sad. I hope he gets better. :sad3: Keep us updated!

What vet do you go to?
An experienced vet should have been able to know that this is more serious than something that can be treated with "pink stuff" or just baytril. Where are you located? Maybe if you take him to a good vet, he can find out what this is and put him on more drastic treatment... :(

I live in South Carolina, and the only vet around that has doctors who treat rats is Banfield at Pet Smart. I take my cats to a different vet.

And all of this has taken place within a month, so they have been trying to figure out what is wrong. He just started to behave strangely the night before last :(

Murdock passed away today in his sleep, sometime between noon and 5 pm. Thank you all for the good wishes and advice. Hug your ratties tight.

Back