Should I be worried about my Baby?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie

So I got 3 new babies about a week ago and one of them was only about 3 weeks old. she is probably around 4 weeks now and her fur isnt like the other babies. She is the youngest but her fur isnt as thick. she doesnt have as much hair so instead of being black with white socks she looks like a greyish color. Shes not itchy or sneezing and she eats normally but why do you think this is? Because shes young maybe? Should I be worried?

Pictures would help!
But like twitch has mentioned, could she be a double rex? A standard coat rat should have a nice coat at 3 weeks, it's true that poor diet can cause the rat to have poor coat but at 3 weeks, she is technically ready to be weaned from mom anyways.

Yes it is young. She lost her Mom along with her sisters so they had no choice.

I dont know if she could be a double rex. Thats what I was thinking but her wiskers arnt curly. Is that normal? And sorry about pictures. I cant get them right now because my camera isnt working.

Aww poor bub loosin her mummy :(

One of my boys is supposed to be a rex. i think he is more of a half-rex tho. His fur is thing and curly-ish, and his whiskers only have the tiniest kink in. Take some pictures :D

Hey guys, so I know now shes just fine and just a regular little doll. Her hair is darker and thicker now. I think she was just really young and didnt have too much fuzz yet!

Back