Shipping nightmare.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

Martin's cages wants $72.85 to ship the R695 to Alaska. I nearly had a heart attack. Is it that expensive for everyone else? :shock:

EDIT: I just did a zip code search and if I lived in Seattle. (Which is not all that far away :x ) I would only pay $28.25 shipping. That makes me SO angry!

Oh forgive me but that is just so retarded. I've calmed down a little but. Jees! They want more in shipping than the actual cost of the cage! There is something fundamentally wrong with that. :?

It's not really their fault, they go by what FedEx quotes them. I'm sure if they could find a cheaper method of shipping they would. They really care for their customers. They are truly wonderful people to deal with.

Oh, yeah. I'm not mad at Martin's in particular, the thought never crossed my mind. Just in shipping prices in general. I cant believe how Ak is more expensive than Canada. Thats just hilarious.

No, all my online shopping involves a temper tantrum of some sort. 8)

And right before I got online Hershey had bulldozed into my kneecaps and made me drop my coffee, dumped it all right on her back and on my shirt. Thankfully it was lukewarm, so neither of us got burned, but I wasn't in the right mindset to get the shipping quote. I'm probably going to buy the cage anyway.
But I'm not taking it laying down that's for sure.

Had to send OH's passport from Denmark to London, send it with DHL and paid so much that I could have bought a return planeticket and got 2 nights at a fancy hotel for less money - sometimes shippingrates are just strange.

Back