Shinobi acting weird :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Got Shinobi out for a run around today. He stayed behind the cage and when he eventually plodded off back to his cage, he just lay in random places kinda frozen. It looks like he's trying to fall asleep but it's just weird, his eyes never close fully.. What could it be?

He wasn't eating his sweetcorn either which is his fave normally.. Is he just over tired? Getting lazy? Or just havin a funny day? I'm a tad worried.

Some rats do have an off day but if it continues, I'd have him see a vet. They can get internal infections which affects their behavior. Is he an older rat?

I just saw your beautiful pictures. Did he act like that after the photo shoot? Sometimes they get scared of the flash and act funny. Just a thought.

He's only about 3 months now. I spos I'll see how he goes and hope for the best :/

And nah he was fine after the pics, those were a few days ago now.
Thanks for the help, I'll keep ya posted :)

I have noticed that rats when they reach the age of 3 months, that's when they become more aware and become more cautious. It could be something spooked Shinobi.

Back