Shaking Babies...not mine.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I was on a rattie site and someone posted a question about their newborn rattie litter shaking....they wondered if this was normal.....
I am wondering if it is normal....mine certainly don't do it....... :?

Here is what the person wrote
Well my siamese litter is doing great except for the fact I noticed the babies are randomly shaking. I talked to some people who have had litters and they said this isn't normal. The babies could be sleeping, then suddenly start shaking for about 25-30 seconds then stop. I was holding them today and two of them started shaking really badly. Their litter arms were moving like crazy and their head was going in a nodding motion very quickly. They have been doing this since they were a few days old and are now 2 weeks. Is that normal? Has anyone else had babies that did that? It doesn't look good. When they start doing it, it's like they lose all control. Please let me know what you think it is! Thanks for the help! I'm really worried.

I thought the same thing....but this is what someone answered.....

Rat pups, up until about two weeks old, do go through shaking 'fits' -- at least that is what it looks like. It doesn't last long, and usually is akin to shivering (or vibrating) and is quite normal.

Back