Sexing???? Odds?????

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnamaz

Since I am totally new to the whole pinkies thing.... here's a crazy question.....
I have sexed my bubs, all 16 of them a few times now and I am wondering what the chances are of the whole litter being males?????

Hmmm... since this isn't a FAQ about the forum I'm going to move it somewhere more appropriate ;)

lol wow all males? I dont really know much about sexing but I would think the odds would be very low but I didnt say it was impossible! lol thats just my 2 cents

Extremely unlikely :)

Look at your bubs...if there are any that look different than the others then compare them to another sexed bub.

Have you seen my sexing pics?
I can show you on Molly's dangly crew if you like again?

fawn girl has very little gap between her urethra and anus.
fawngirldangleapr4.jpg

another girl to show you the same
blackhoodiegirlapr4.jpg

then the boys have a bigger "bump" and a much wider space between their urethra and their anus. This is where the testes develop about 3.5-4 weeks of age.
Fawnhoodieboydanglesapr4.jpg

beigeboydangleapr4.jpg

If you still aren't sure, then post pics of the bubs and we'll attempt to sex them for you.

How old are they? Nipples show up on girls in a short window of 12-15 days I think? Boys DO NOT have nipples :)

Unlikely but it can happen ...

Corrie's last litter of 9 were all baby girls.

As Shelagh mentioned, it easier to sex babies if you compare them to one another in terms of the distances between urethra and anus and see if any look different or if they are all the same.

donnamaz said:
Since I am totally new to the whole pinkies thing.... here's a crazy question.....
I have sexed my bubs, all 16 of them a few times now and I am wondering what the chances are of the whole litter being males?????

Provided that each baby has a 50% chance of being either male or female, the odds of 16 males are 1 in 65536, so yeah, not very good. But hey, the odds of winning the lottery are much worse, yet somebody wins it (almost ) every week.

Back