Severus January 24, 2006 - September 12, 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

My very beautiful Severus died peacefully in my arms on September 12. He was the nephew of Ozzy and half-nephew of Sirius. Severus was a beautiful solid boy like his father Barbossa, one of my biggest boy (the biggest being uncle Ozzy)

Severus was named after Severus Snape in the Harry Potter books, a character I always liked since even if he looks dishonest, he is really loyal to Dumbledore. If you read book 6 and 7, then you found out more about Severus Snape and now I am very proud that my rat shared his name with that great man.

Severus was a bear back black boy. His black being a lot darker than Silas who has more of a chocolate black. I find that Severus looked like Severus Snape because of the black head (Snape has long black hair).

I am really glad that Severus allowed me to spend his last moment with him. He was grasping for air but I was there for him and that really calmed him down. It was a beautiful but sad moment that I will never forget.

Severus with Lupin (hairless)
LupinSeverus.jpg

Severus
Severus.jpg

Severus Snape, a great man and hero
rickmanassnape.jpg

Why do I consider Snape as a great man and hero. Here's why:

In book 6, Severus Snape killed Dumbledore. Then he leaves the school to join Voldemort. In book 7, Snape is killed by Voldemort. Just before he dies, he gives some of his memories to Harry so he could see them in the pensive. We find out that Severus has always been friend with Lily Evans and that he has helped her during her childhood explaining to her that she is a witch. We discover that Snape has killed Dumbledore because they have both planned that. Dumbledore was going to die anyway sooner or later because of one of the horcruxes that he found between book 5 and 6. Dumbledore was to tell Snape when to kill him. Snape has been "helping" Draco Malfoy in his mission of killing Dumbledore but in reality, he was reporting everything to Dumbledore. Then Snape returned to Voldemort but in reality, he was spying on him for the Order of the Phoenix. This is all revealed in the pensive and Harry realizes that Snape is a hero, not a traitor. Snape has been taking great risk to be working for Dumbledore. At the end of the book, we see Harry's children. One of his sons is named Albus Severus Potter and Harry explains to him that he has been named after the 2 greatest men that he has met in his life. My only regret is that Harry didn't have the chance to let Snape know about that since he was dead when that was released to Harry.

Yes he was. I put a spoiler to my message while you were reading it. I'm so proud now that I have chosen that name for my boy. You can read it now as it appears.

Thank you for your nice words. I am very proud of all my rats, dead or alive.

I'm sorry for the loss of your boy :roseopen: :cry:

I'm happy that you name your rats after people or characters you admire because even when your rats pass, you can watch the movies or shows and remember your beloved ratties :)

I only ever saw the first Harry Potter movie and I never read the books but I've always loved Alan Rickman (the guy who played the character) I love his voice and the deep brooding style of acting he has. He was great in Dogma :)

I'm so sorry you lost Severus. :cry: He was beautiful! I loved your hidden explanation about the name Severus. Thank you for sharing. :hugs: :rose:

Thank you so much everybody for your nice words. Severus was very special as all my rats are. Losing a rat doesn't need I will forget about him as I have those little hearts. Severus's heart is still on the cage but I will soon put it with Dobby, Ozzy, Voldemort and Sirius's hearts.

Talking about Allan Rickman, he is going to play in Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp. :lol:

I'm so sorry, I'm glad you got to hold him thru his transition tho. You know there will loved ones on the other side to greet him there, but here they have just us and their cagemates.
So from oving arms to loving arms Severus.
You name all your boys honorably Jack Sparrow..
I can't read a word of why you consider Snape a great man, it needs to be in black.
But I'm just glad Severus went gently. In Daddy's arms.
An I'm sorry for your heart.

Jack Sparrow said:
My very beautiful Severus died peacefully in my arms on September 12. He was the nephew of Ozzy and half-nephew of Sirius. Severus was a beautiful solid boy like his father Barbossa, one of my biggest boy (the biggest being uncle Ozzy)

Severus was named after Severus Snape in the Harry Potter books, a character I always liked since even if he looks dishonest, he is really loyal to Dumbledore. If you read book 6 and 7, then you found out more about Severus Snape and now I am very proud that my rat shared his name with that great man.

Severus was a bear back black boy. His black being a lot darker than Silas who has more of a chocolate black. I find that Severus looked like Severus Snape because of the black head (Snape has long black hair).

I am really glad that Severus allowed me to spend his last moment with him. He was grasping for air but I was there for him and that really calmed him down. It was a beautiful but sad moment that I will never forget.

Severus with Lupin (hairless)
LupinSeverus.jpg

Severus
Severus.jpg

Severus Snape, a great man and hero
rickmanassnape.jpg

Why do I consider Snape as a great man and hero. Here's why:

In book 6, Severus Snape killed Dumbledore. Then he leaves the school to join Voldemort. In book 7, Snape is killed by Voldemort. Just before he dies, he gives some of his memories to Harry so he could see them in the pensive. We find out that Severus has always been friend with Lily Evans and that he has helped her during her childhood explaining to her that she is a witch. We discover that Snape has killed Dumbledore because they have both planned that. Dumbledore was going to die anyway sooner or later because of one of the horcruxes that he found between book 5 and 6. Dumbledore was to tell Snape when to kill him. Snape has been "helping" Draco Malfoy in his mission of killing Dumbledore but in reality, he was reporting everything to Dumbledore. Then Snape returned to Voldemort but in reality, he was spying on him for the Order of the Phoenix. This is all revealed in the pensive and Harry realizes that Snape is a hero, not a traitor. Snape has been taking great risk to be working for Dumbledore. At the end of the book, we see Harry's children. One of his sons is named Albus Severus Potter and Harry explains to him that he has been named after the 2 greatest men that he has met in his life. My only regret is that Harry didn't have the chance to let Snape know about that since he was dead when that was released to Harry.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jack. What a beautiful little rat man. :rose:

I have to wonder if your crew is living it up on a pirate ship on the oceans of the Rainbow Bridge. :)

Gotta love your little guys. :love6:

Back