Sent over from RPCA

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnow

And lovely folks they are there, caring for ratties as well as kitties. :)

Anyway, I'm here in Nebraska with two ratties.

Toby - my darling neutered boy rattie, once half of a Poe-themed pair, currently living alone in a large ferret cage after having too much bad luck with cagemates. I believe he's lounging in his hammock right now. :)

Samantha - acquired as a potential cagemate for Toby, now apparently pregnant (don't worry - she goes straight to the vet at any signs of distress or lethargy) but still hyper hyper hyper whenever she's not napping.

They're each getting half a boiled egg soon as a treat.

After that, I'll see what I can do about getting a few photos up here.

Toby, in his fancy new cage

The fancy new cage

Samantha, shortly after she came home

One of the latest tummy photos - she isn't showing much, but the day-to-day developments make it clear there's probably a small litter on the way

Hi minnow :wave:

Good to see you here. I agree that they're a good bunch at RPCA and they are definitely a good group of people her as well.

I may be wrong, but the belly on Samantha looks suspiciously like a baby bump to me.

Both Toby and Samantha are adorable. :D

Dewi

She's deflated a bit and a bit past the last possible due date, so not pregnant. I'm *almost* disappointed, but the lack of kits means I may be able to convince hubby that we can take in another after a while. I'll just have to do some further research and prep-work and adopt a pregnant rescue someday. :)

Sam's tummy has deflated without any babies. I think it was just the switch to better food plus me introducing her to new and interesting things like vegetables, soymilk, yogurt, and egg. I'm relieved. This means I have room for more, for now (planning to go see Staci on the 20th) , and I don't have to figure out baby sexing or how to rehome in a town where most rats are considered "feeders".

Latest posts

Back