• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling Hammocks for nueter fund.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scabs on his chin area is actually a pretty big sign that he would have mites. Any time there are scabs there, you can be pretty sure that it is mites.
They will scratch where they can reach, so the chin and their sides mostly.

Again, they might be fighting... but this boy definitely has mites, in my opinion.
I hope you will get them treated.

I contacted the vets by email since the office has closed, hopefully i can get it pretty soon. And with everyone's help i think Teddy will be bale to get neutered pretty soon as well, id like to do Bmabi as well, but its clear that Teddy is the worst bully XD. Thanks everyone

Well no vet office would give it to me with out seeing Bambi so i have an appointment on Tuesday. And Teddy just keeps being his Bully self. Humping Bambi & Thumper, pinning then, power grooming etc. Bambi can't even walk passed Teddy with out him standing up and going stiff and sometimes even flapping his tail -.0 sigh.

Rats with mites do become bullies and are generally grumpy. But those scabs on the chin, there is no way another rat can do that. Rats teeth do much more damage than tiny scabs.
I'd do the mite treatment and wait a while see if Teddy really needs a neuter or not. But if you prefer both to have neuters regardless of the mites, that's completely understandable too because males do far better with a neuter.

Back