Scab

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miya_Moo_Chu

My new rat Bambi has a like.. Scab on her side, and I was wondering if this was just because she grooms too much, or she had gotten bitten..?
Any ideas? i'll post a pic later.. it's not a LUMP, but it sure does look infected..
Any products I can put on it?
like neosporin? or.. something?

When I had my old rat, Zoey, she used to cut herself all up before we found out she had mites. The vet said that I could use polysporin OINTMENT, not cream, on her, and then try to keep her occupied while it had a chance to soak in.

I'd check with other people on here before trying it tho

Hi Miya, I would leave it alone for now, unless it looks bad. If you can get the polysporin, it's just a few bucks at the store.

Oh... ok! Well it looks pussy, and I thought that it might've been infected, and I sure don't want to risk it...
Anyway, uhmmm... yeah, I'll try that stuff then, and see what happends.

Miya_Moo_Chu said:
Oh... ok! Well it looks pussy, and I thought that it might've been infected, and I sure don't want to risk it...
Anyway, uhmmm... yeah, I'll try that stuff then, and see what happends.

Could it be an abscess? Abscesses scab and then burst and the pus leaks out. One little bite can cause an abscess from a scuffle in the cage.

Good luck with them, anyway! My Rose had a cut on the side of his face a little while back, I think he must have done it when he was flailing around when he was having his bath (they hate it :p) But thankfully it never got infected, and he didn't let me fuss around with it, thankfully it's all healed now.

Good NEWS! it's GONE! I washed her, and it was just a scab!!!
i'm so happy, sorry for the late news, I had to go to prom, and other stuff..
it was pretty intresting

No no...
Im only a freshman! :[ I forgot to change my name on the profile thing.
sorry! thanks for reminding me tho!
your so awesome jo. :gaah: im so dumb sometimes.
Bambi knows her name now!!

Back