Saying Goodbye to My Fosters

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzle87

It is with mixed emotions, but, Rainey and Windy are finally being adopted. I have had them since they were four weeks old, and have had them for 10 months. They came from horrible, disgusting conditions:

http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=717 (Scroll to the bottom for pics of the conditions)

They were malnourished, sick, and terrified of people. They were treated, given a nutritious diet (as opposed to the sometimes cheerios diet they were on), and lots of socialization and love. They came out of their shells and I got to see them grow up and learn to love people :heart:

Rainey:

oct19002-1.jpg

oct17035.jpg

oct17034.jpg

oct17036.jpg

Windy:

oct17045.jpg

oct17041.jpg

oct19026.jpg

I will miss them so much, they go home Friday to a wonderful adopter in NYC.

Such a sad beginning but you made them all better. And now they have their forever home. Kudos to you!!! They are lovely.

Mixed emotions indeed! After that length of time they would be your own ratties in your heart. You are very strong to give them up. But now that makes room for more fosters! ;)

Thanks guys, and yup that's what I had to remind myself. Oh and I forgot, they'll be going home with a sweet neutered male, I know they'll love that!

That's a tough one alright..

I hope you enjoy your last evening with them. You've given them a great gift! And because of that, they can have a great life.

I hope it's some comfort to know that they're going to a great home, where they can continue to flourish. And maybe the new owner can send you an update with photos once they're settled in?

Back