Savvy vs Silas

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

The dynamics of one of my cage is changing. Now that Davy Jones and Savvy are adults, they are a lot more assertive, especially Savvy. Silas used to be the dominant one, even being a bully towards Captain Jack Sparrow. Barbossa was able to resist more to Silas than this poor sweet Jack.

Now Silas is older and he has that heart condition. When he is with the other boys, he no longer try to be dominant, not even towards Jack.

Savvy is now the dominant boy big time. The funniest thing is that he also pick on Jack. I wonder what's wrong about my big sweet Jack, he is probably too nice.

There is a lot a minor fighting in that cage as the boys are still working on determining who will be boss: Barbossa (strong personality as well) or Savvy.

When Silas is in the cage, nobody bothers him. I often find Jack sleeping with him. Jack used to be terrified of Silas but now, he loves him. What a beautiful boy my sweet Jack not to be upset with Silas after the way he was bullied.

The other boys are also very gentle towards Silas, even big bully Savvy!

When I give a treat to the boys, Savvy has to be first having the treat or he will grab it from who ever has the treat before him. If I give the treat to Jack before I give it to Savvy, you can be certain than Jack will not keep his treat for long.

Giving the treat to Savvy first, followed by Barbossa solves the problem and I know that Jack, Silas and Davy Jones will eat their treat in peace. Sometimes I give the treat to Silas when he is in his own cage.

I gave a treat to the rats this morning. The first rat to grab his treat was Jack then he immediately ran to hide somewhere before Savvy or Barbossa sees that.

Then I gave it to 3 other boys (Silas, Barbossa and Davy Jones). I couldn't find Savvy but I was expecting him to grab the treat from another boy.

Savvy was in the same hamock as Silas and he was watching him eating his treat without disturbing him. He didn't try to grab it from Silas and waited patiently that I would give him something too.

Savvy behaved so differently than he does towards Jack, Barbossa and Davy Jones. I think he knows to respect good old Silas. My boys are so nice and gentle towards Silas even if he is not always in that cage.

It is true what I heard before: rats are intelligent enough to take care of the weakest ones.

Sweeney, Sirius and Ozzy were all hyper as usual when I gave them the treat. They jump everywhere and they are so funny to watch.

The girls didn't really behave like ladies. They are the funniest things. Two of them, sometimes 3 try to grab the same treat then they all pull on their side to have it. None of them can wait, they all want to have ALL the treats and refuse to share with the others. So funny to watch.

Scarlett and Giselle were both trying to grab the treat and were both pulling on their side, finally they ended up rolling at the bottom of the cage until Giselle let go. They really are like the real Scarlett and Giselle from the movie when they are arguing because they both want Jack.

Back