Savanna & Wanda

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Well, guess who's being all huffy-puffy and who's being mellow & agreeable?
Savanna's the beige & white one who lives alone as she wouldn't get along with anyone before. This is her 2nd meeting with Wanda and both times she's put up with Wanda being pushy and even nipping her lightly without reciprocating.

I'm not trying to put them together but Wanda's house is next to my desk and she wants to come when Savanna is here, so if that's ok with Savanna then it's a nice thing to see her being accepting of another rattie.
Wanda lives with Erin, but maybe Savanna is finally ready to accept as a cagemate the next older girl that comes? (she was spayed April 20)

070729SavannaWanda1.jpg

070729SavannaWanda2.jpg

070729SavannaWanda3.jpg

I know that spaying a female often works in the same way as neutering for a male. Maybe Savanna is no longer stressed at having to reproduce and other rats are not threats to her anymore.
She's so beautiful... and Wanda looks pretty sweet too, even with all that fur standing on ends. lol

I think between the spay and increasing age she has mellowed, Jo :?

No chance of her living with Erin & Wanda, she & Erin hate each other and they're all too old to let them live any way but happily & peacefully (tho I will gently try a reintro if Wanda passes). But someone could come along any day to let Savanna end her days snuggled with a bud now that she seems more willing
HLoveMinnie.gif

I would say the spay did the trick. Moth is a lone girl, who I have intro'd to 2 other groups before but in the end she bullies or attacks the cagemates she has decided to harrass. Even now at 29 months she will still try to maim. She is the one who gets so worked up that she has bitten me when I tried to pick her up and she was huffing and puffing. We have worked out a system so that doesn't happen anymore. :roll:

She is one I really should've gotten spayed :(

Back