Ruby & GG have gone to Rainbow Bridge tonight 11/5/07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujubeespmud

Well, it was the right time. I had Ruby and GG pts tonight. Their mammary tumors had gotten quite large and it was getting very hard for them to clean themselves and move about. Ruby started showing signs of a possible respiratory issue, sneezing. It was a hard to do this, but I know it was the kindest thing for them. I'm really going to miss them.

RIP "GG" 2/4/06-11/5/07 - RIP "Ruby" 12/5/06-11/5/07

Julie

Tumours make it very difficult for an owner to see when the quality of life is still there, because our eyes always say "How can they still be happy with that??"

Its a stressful decision you just made and I am sure the right one. I have been there. :( ((hugs))

Thanks everyone for your kinds words. I'll miss my girls that's for sure, but I do know it was time. The girls are out of pain now and playing on the bridge eating yoggies! Julie

Thanks for your thoughts. I am still sad about it. I loved them both, but Ruby had a very special place in my heart and I will never forget her or GG. I have Jazzy left, GG's sister. She is sad too. However, I did adopt another rat and she is in quarrantine at the moment. I picked her up this past Friday. She is sweet and is taking to me very well. I only hope she does as well when she meets Jazzy! I think so and I am glad for both of them.
Julie

:cry: Iam so sorry this is so hard to, I usually keep them home & give morphine of pain & when thy are done just give a give a bigger dose in their home with the ones they Love :roseopen
Message To My Master(s)
-----------------------

The day you laid me down to sleep
you prayed to the Lord; my soul to keep
I know you had to send me on my way
but you sent me to a new; better; and much brighter day

You sent me home; to heaven above
where I'm cradled in God's arms; covered with His love
I understand what you did; you did out of love
and I'll return that love; from my new home above

My sickness is gone; and I'm free here to roam
I run and play in the meadows; here in my new home