Ruby’s Little Tumors or ??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Ruby is my PEW alpha, she’s 32 months this month. She's also Waynes heart rat. She’s been doing wonderfully until recently. It’s one of those things were you see them change, but it’s not something drastic so others wouldn’t really see it but you do. Less coordination, I notice on her left side she can use her paw but sometimes she doesn’t. She will cross it over and hold the cheerio with one paw or push the cheerio up against something and eat it, but then will grab the cheerio with both paws and eat it just fine. I really think it’s just a matter of getting older really. We have been keeping an eye on her for tumors as her mother (who lived to almost 4 years) had them. One night we found a peppercorn sized under her right front leg. Then found another of the same size on the left. Last night we took a look found another right beside the other one and found a 4th right in between both legs on her chest. They are all peppercorn sized. Are these tumors? Are they something else? They are small and I would not even think of putting her through surgery at 32 months. I’m just curious to know what they were.

Little tumours often show up on little old ladies this late in life. You also might want to see how she's sitting when she's eating, if she's starting with HED then they often only use one hand to eat/clean while propping themselves up with the other.

I think she sits with her hind feet more forward. Maybe the beginning stages of HED. It probably has to do with balance. We'll keep an eye on it.

Those little lumpy cysts are so common. I wouldn't worry about them unless they start to grow.
I do believe it's all part of aging. :nod:

LOL @ Eagle

She does sit a bit forward so it's probably balance. She's become a big suck too :heart: .

I discussed everything with Wayne, he's ok with it, I think he just doesn't like his angel getting old :( .

If they don't change then dont worry about it. Patrick has a lump probably about the same size as your girls, maybe a bit bigger. Its on his left side just above his hip. I can feel it when i stroke him and it doesnt feel like its attached to anything. I mentioned it to the vet before his neuter and they said its just a fatty lump or cyst and they wouldn't touch it unless it grew bigger

Back