Roquefort

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennifervb

My little man had his neuter on Tuesday and came home yesterday.

I went to see him, on Tuesday afternoon, and he did not seem to be feeling very well. In addition to that... I thought I saw him picking at his sutures! :shock:

I stuck my hand in his cage and stroked his cheek. I then asked him if he knew what an e-collar is, and told him that he would be wise to stay away from his belly if he didn't want to find out! :scolding:

He was tired when I picked him up yesterday so I'm thinking that he did not get alot of sleep. I parked myself on the bedroom floor and gave him a healthy dose of TLC before putting him in his cage for food, treats and meds.

After his belly fill.... he trundled off into his clubhouse for a snooze and I wandered out to the rat playground to make sure that Albert and Basil were being nice to each other...LOL!!!

I was worried about Roquefort. After his stay at the animal shelter he does not seem to like being anywhere other than home with me. I had the impression that he could have felt as if I had deserted him, at the clinic, and would not be returning to get him. Little does the little rat man know..... :wink:

This morning he was much better! He got his meds with Strawberry kefir and then enjoyed his piece of watermelon.

So there you have it.... 2 rats and $500 later.... the neuters are complete. WHEW!!!!

I think I can breathe now. :laugh4:

Hahahaha...don't worry Roque will take a little time being such a gentle passive boy and realize that you are out "Getting Food" when you are gone. That anxious look will go away in time. Enjoy your cuddles because once he figures it out he's gonna be using his time to run around and play and explore and make up for lost time :laugh4:

My rats were always a little dopey after surgery, I think its the after effects of the anesthesia.

I'm glad to hear they are both doing well :)

Its good to know they both came though all right. He sounds like he's healing wonderfully :)

Neuters are expensive there! I wouldn't want to know how much are spays.
Roquefort is such a sweet boy... more sleeping will have him back to normal in no time. :joy:

It's so good to know both boys are ok. With a little more time and lots of loving you'll have them running around and giving you kisses.

Back