River

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

My beautiful River was PTS today. In the last two days she had popped two more small tumors. But that's not what killed her. I'm pretty sure she had PT. She was gasping and having panic attacks but had seemed to calm down last nite. But this morning, she wouldn't be calmed so I brought her in. This is so heartbreaking. I so wanted to give her a good long life. Well now she is with Summer whom she adored and Jacqui whom she learned to love after Summer left. And I can't forget her time with Jedy. They were always sleeping together in the little hammock unglued gave them. I miss you my River.
riverinbasket2.jpg

riverincage.jpg

riverinhammock.jpg

This is no way to celebrate your birthday but I am sure she knows that you did what was better for her. You loved her dearly. She was a beautiful rat.

Ann

I am so sorry to hear about River. She was a lovely girl. It doesn't sound like you had any other reasonable choice, yet it's such a tough decision.

It must be especially hard to lose her on your birthday. I do hope that she is breathing easily and scampering with her buddies at the Bridge.

Hugs to you....

:tearful: I'm so sorry Mamarat. She Summer and Jacqui all learned what it was like to be loved and cared for. I thank you so much for giving them that.

:heart: Sweet, beautiful River. I'm sorry we couldn't do anything more for you. You will always be in my heart. Love you :heart:

I'm so sorry mamarat & morats :cry: It wasn't fairly long enough for you with River, Summer or Jacqui. Nor was it fairly long enough for them physically. But it was long enough for them leave wth happier spirits and better memories of their time here than they had when they came to you.
You gave them not just good lives but lives actually worth living in the time that they were allowed to be here.

I'm sorry your beautiful River had to go on your birthday mamarat - please let it remind you each year that she and her sisters were born into a good life the day they came to you.

Back