RIP Ruby Dooby ??? - May 26 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat.charmer

I found Ruby in a pet store that sold rats as feeders. She was the only female rat left, all alone in an aquarium. I saw her and it was love at first sight. I named her Ruby because she had ridiculously red eyes and white fur. She had the softest fur of any rat I've ever had or handled. Back in March, I took her in for a spay and two tumor removal and she handled it beautifully, kissing me and bruxxing as soon as she got home. Ruby, to blunt, was a dumb rat. Pretty but dumb, we used to joke. She had no guile in her; what you saw was what you got. You often had to put food directly into her mouth before she figured out it was there - if she dropped the food, she'd look around confused for it.

She was always tremendously affectionate - she'd kiss you constantly - you, strangers, other rats. She was always kissing things. So when I got back from being out of town for nearly two weeks and she wasn't kissing me, I knew she was nearing the end. I held her and petted her and she boggled and bruxed. My mom called me this morning to let me know that she died very peacefully at 10:20 a.m., with her cage mate Cosmo cuddling her.

I'm very sad that she's gone but deep down I know it's for the best. She had deteriorated so much in the past two weeks from her hyper chipper self to the quiet rat sleeping in the corner. I'm glad there was no pain or suffering for her in the end.

In an odd way, I wonder if she knew that I had been approved last night to adopt three PEWs from Clark's...

2qi2ob9.jpg

aww I'm sorry to hear about your girl. she looks like such a sweet little girl. RIP darling :heart:

What a beautiful and unforgettable lady Ruby was. She has an old soul expression, just maybe not the brainpower to back it up :lol:
She was definitely a Lover not a Thinker...but what a doll.

I am so sorry your sweet lady had to leave but she left the world gracefully. :heart:

Oh hell, I'm so sorry you can't hold your Ruby anymore.....
It was obvious in your words how much you loved her and how able you are to move on and give your love to who needs it now. I'm happy for you for that, and I think I'm happy for Ruby too for that, I don't believe the kids want us to hurt at all, much as we seem to have to. I am so sure that Ruby would want you to give another the life you gave her.
Kisses to you Ruby. I know you'll get them - when you're done exploring & enjoying heaven for the day.

Very sorry ...
Ruby :heart: sounds like a wonderful little girl who made the world a much nicer place.
Thank you for sharing the pic of Ruby :heart: and telling us a bit about her and her life.

Holly

You wrote a beautiful memorial for Ruby, and I really do think she is making way for the three girls you are bringing home from Clark's. Sounds like her sweet self knew she had a good life and now others needed your affection and attention.

Back