RIP Rachael (appx. 1989 - 2008)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumsyRat

The oldest of my 3 cats passed away this evening. She was at least 19 years old - maybe even older.

I got Rachael Thanksgiving weekend 1990. At the time I was involved with the Midland & District OSPCA. One of our Agents called late on that Saturday night. A cat had been wandering up and down a street in Midland, howling and hanging on to screen doors - desparate to be let into a house. Any house. No one would let her in though but they did call the OSPCA. Anyway, John went to get her but couldn't take her home because he had 2 non-cat loving German Sheppards. Since it was Thanksgiving weekend no shelters were open. So he calls me, next on the list as a foster home and asks if he can bring her over. Of course I say yes.

Time goes by, lots of stories, lots of memories.

Earlier this evening Rachael was acting strange, didn't want to eat or drink, just not herself. Shortly after that she had an attack that I think was a stroke. After that she was still breathing and her heart was beating but I'm sure she was gone. My son & I took turns sitting with her and petting her until the last breath was taken and her heart beat it's last beat.
Tomorrow she is going to join her pal Sophie in the spot where my special friends are buried.

Goodbye dear old Rachael, you were a good and loving friend.

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear about your precious kitty. :( It's nice that you got to be there with her until the end. I know she felt you and your son's love. *hugs*

I'm so sorry Mumsy, she led a nice long life full of love and caring. She was absolutely beautiful, take comfort in the memories and love you were able to share.

I am so sorry for your loss :( . Cats make great companions, it will always be sad to see them go ..

Back