RIP Crimson

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowbrat23

I lost my alpha rat girl about 2 days ago. I came home from picking up building material for the new cage for the boys, and went to the girls cage to give them some special treat food...saw Crimson laying on the ground...at first I thought she was asleep, so I called her, and she didn't respond...oh no...she was still soft to the touch, and a little warm, so she didn't pass too long before I got home :(

We had a burial ceremony at my moms house with the rest of the animals, layed in a paper bag and a rose on top...

RIP crimson..we loved you very much!

Well, all the girls in the RUDD had an URI, so they have all been on meds. They just finished meds the day before (baytril) and whitey (one of my PEWS) sounded like she has serious congestion in her nose. Crimson was not nearly as bad, so I was honestly expecting Whitey to go first.

It was a complete shock to find Crimson had left us first...She was one of the healthier ones.

So we really do not know....

Crimson, whitey and pepper were bought at the same time...they are all sisters, and they all had URI's when I bought them, and it has been an endlss battle for over a year now.

This is also the reason Charcole and Ashe are in a seperate cage and in my room, I do not want them to get sick too.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes I wonder why we keep these little buggers around when we know we are going to lose them so soon from the horrible illnesses they so easily get. But then it isn't hard for me to remember how fun they are and how great it is to have them in my life. It feels wonderful to give a badly treated rat a new life or help a sick one out and to let them feel love.

Bah, I'm going to start crying at work, lol.

LOL< don't cry!!

It sucks they have such a short life span, but the joy they bring lasts forever!!

I love them !!

I know what you mean. I'm so scared to lose my 2 first ratties, Aslan and Miraz. They really are sleeping a lot... and playing dead in their silent spinner on me, lol!

I don't think I will ever be able to go without rats in my life again.

Sorry to hijack your thread! :eek:fftopic:

I'm so sorry.
Like others have said, it's so hard to lose them. But they give so much love in the short amount of time they are with us.

jorats said:
I'm so sorry.
Like others have said, it's so hard to lose them. But they give so much love in the short amount of time they are with us.
:yeah: I agree jorats, I love my babies so much when they are here and although it hurts so much when they leave, I know that they had the best life I could give them while they were with me and I'll never forget them as I now Crimson will be. Hugs to everyone who's lost babies and hugs to those who will :grouphug2:

Melissa said:
I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes I wonder why we keep these little buggers around when we know we are going to lose them so soon from the horrible illnesses they so easily get. But then it isn't hard for me to remember how fun they are and how great it is to have them in my life. It feels wonderful to give a badly treated rat a new life or help a sick one out and to let them feel love.

I have been catching up on these threads and I was thinking the same thing. They are with you such a short time and it's so hard. BUT it's worth it. My girls are always up to something, they are always making me laugh. If I didn't have them I would be laughing less. I love how they react to you, I love how smart they are and if I only have 2 years, then that's a very wonderful 2 years. And for them it's a wonderful lifetime and that makes it all worth it.

Rattie Love, sorry to hear you lost your alpha girl. (((HUGS)))

You put it very well Rattielove. They may only be with us a year or 2, and if we are lucky make it to 2ish and 3, but as ratowners we have to be practical and realize they live more in the moment than we do. They only care about the quality of their life not so much the quantity. Its very sad at times, but no matter how long they live, they all enrich us with their presence in our lives.

:heart: :heart:

Play hard little Crimson, there's many ratties up there to bounce on, powergroom, and take care of. :D

I'm so sorry. Your good love & care has kept the girls with you all this time, even with them being unhealthy. I'm sure Crimson had a longer happier life than she could have had you not found each other.
And you were rewarded being the one to enjoy her love & presence in your life.

Back