Rest Well My Precious Einstein 12-5-07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

It was yet another sad night for me tonight. I came home from work to find Einstein had left me for the bridge. I got Einstein on May 21, 2006. He was approximately 6 months old at the time. Einstein was my hugely accident prone rat. He was always getting hurt or getting sick. But I loved him to pieces. I remember the day I got him. I was playing with him at his previous home and he kept climbing down my overalls and would not come out. He was very insistant that he come home with me. Einstein was a good boy. Never fighting with anyone. He was very curious and loved to explore. But he was a good boy about it. I remember one night I went to bed and accidentally left the cage door open to the boys cage. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and saw something moving on the floor. I went to investigate and there was Einstein scampering around on the floor. He came right to me and back in the cage he went. The other boys. They were too lazy to even think about coming out of the cage.

My brain is just mush right now and I don't feel I am giving him the memorial he deserves. He was getting old and extremely skinny these last few days. He was still very active and wanted to get down and run around even as of last night. Go find Rubeus and play as hard as you can at the Bridge my sweet blue man!

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg

OldsGal - I'm so sorry.
We can never give them the eulogy they deserve anyway, it's their amazing ability to make the best of their lives and ours that is their real legacy.
I'm glad he is among those who really lived here right up til he went to live elsewhere and wait for you.
Hugs.

Back