Red Eye

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devela

I just took in 3 rats. 2 females and one male. one of the females has red eye and was wondering if anyone knew of anything I can use until I can get her to a vet for proper treatment??

This is most likely porpheryn. This can be caused by illness or stress of any sort (heat, small cage, not feeling well, etc etc). If she's pink eyed (especially PEW's) tend to have it more then others. Is she acting fine? Healthy? has it been hot in the house?

well I just resceud her her sister and brother...the woman said shes had it awhile but thought it was allergies to something in the house.... poor diet could also affect them since all the woman fed them was bird seeds...*bangs head* the two females are in a good sized cage with plenty of room the male unfortunatly she had in a small ahmster cage. He's being moved into a spare guinea pig cage I had in storage. The place I'm in is cool I;m not sure what the conditions of her previous home was

Ahh ok, background info helps. If you just got them, moving around is stressful to our little guys. Give her time with a good diet, comfy home, getting used to everything. If there are allergins etc in the previous home that can cause issues.

Give it time and see if it goes away.

sounds good. I've already picked up critter cubes and more fresh vegies and fruit for them and am gonna intrdouce it slow so I dont upset them to much. i'll keep an eye on her and try and make the transistion as easy as possible for them. picked up a few new things for them too to climb and chew on.

Back