Recommended air purifiers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenD

Just saw thread on Stinky Rats or stinky poo and wanted to know what you all recommend as far as an air purifier that can get rid of as much of the rattie smells, and that would clean the air for allergy sufferers. Anyone have a brand or model # to recommend that we could look into? Our rats cage is in my husband's office (I'm so evil :giggle: ) so before my hubby gets overwhelmed with the smells :rant: (especially since we're going to be adding two more to the cage in a couple of weeks), I'd LOVE to get a purifier. Recommendations?

I have a large Honeywell purifier that looks like R2D2 from Starwars. I love it! A hidden perk for me was that it helped quite a bit with dust levels

It is important to get one with a permanent HEPA air filter.

I too have a large Honeywell. It woks well and does make a difference.
Different models are able to handle different sized rooms so you will need to know the rooms dimensions and then check the boxes of the ones you look at.

I think mine is smaller then Moon's.
Mine was around $200 when I purchased it several years ago.
Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, Superstore, etc sell them so look around for the best price.

Just make sure that you get one with a permanent HEPA filter and that it can handle the room size you will be using it in.

I have the R2D2 Honeywell as well. It has a hepa filter, pre-filter and costs about $120.00. It's great. I vacuum the filters about once every 2 weeks. A LOT cheaper than replacing them every 6 months.

Back