Rattrap gots a head tilt.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

Little rattrap has a severe head tilt, he walks in circles a lot. :(
He went to the vet yesterday and they gave him Pediapred and Baytril. He takes the Pred twice a day for four days, once a day for four days, and then eery other day in .15 doses, and the baytril once a day in a .1 dose for nine days.

Healthy vibes for rattrap! :wink: :heart:

I hope he is feeling better.

Is the med run shorter with ear infections? I know the preferred amount of time is a number of weeks with URI. I have been wondering this but I keep forgetting to ask.

So wonderful that your vet gave you pred, Tarah. Many wont.

How fast can an ear infection make the head tilt? Is it immediate or does the rat have the infection for a few days or so until the head tilts? (im assuming the tilting head is the rat trying to get balance back.. i had to sit with my head leaning on a table or lie down when i had an inner ear infection)

Moon said:
I hope he is feeling better.

Is the med run shorter with ear infections? I know the preferred amount of time is a number of weeks with URI. I have been wondering this but I keep forgetting to ask.

So wonderful that your vet gave you pred, Tarah. Many wont.

Why is that?

Great that he is now on the meds he needs. Hope he is soon feeling better.
He will likely need antibiotics for at least 2.5 to 3.5 weeks.
Nine days is likely not long enough to completely clear up an inner ear infection.

Back