Rats who Talk alot

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly

LOL I was curious to see how many of our ratties were talkers!!

Ducky is super quiet I really dont recall ever hearing a peep out of him.

Gemini is a non stop talker!! Play time he squeels like a pig LOL When he gets excited he talks and if you talk to him when you go to the cage, he will talk. I swear he is just your every day gabber LOL

Mater gets pretty talkative when hes excited its really cute

Eli and Boots our new baby brothers are both talkers too. Very very talkative like Gemini.

Its funny to be sitting on the couch and listening to the ratties and their converstions they have throughout the day and nite :)

Jack is real quiet, speaks with his body language more than anything.
But one of his kin is a real squeaker... it's really quite cute.

My Coal never shuts up :lol: if there is something he wants, he squeaks, if Chimo (his brother) tries to steal something from him, he squeaks, if Chimo touches him in the hammock, he squeaks, I try to touch him or pick him up when he doesn't want me to, he squeaks :roll: It still takes some getting used to because he's my first talker and almost everytime he does it I think they are fighting :D Silly boy

Jo, I love that the Dirty 10. Rose should join them she likes to throw litter all over the place and she is the only one who refuses to use the litter box. She shreds every bit of cardboard she can get her hands on and spreads it everywhere.

Rose is also my talker she squeaks every time I touch her and she breaths heavy and loud when I hold her. (she tries to be intimidating) :twisted:

Miles squeaks alot. Merial gets everyone in the girl cage going at night :roll:

Luke, gets yappy if you touch him "wrong", the wrong is all in his mind I think lol.

Emma is not a talker at all. Maeby and Lucille 2 do lots of little bruxes, and squeek if I surprise them (especially if I wake them from a deep sleep accidentally)

Mine only talk when they are playing with each other or if someone is trying to steal food from them. Other then that nothing.

If anyone has any progeny from unglued's Loretta I will bet they are all very "talkative", or more like whiny, squealing at anything, etc. LOL.

Melissa's girls are squeakers while playing, and a the Wildlings make some horrible shrieks at times (lucky me, in the bedroom while I am sleeping!). Moth talks to me subsonicly as does Kamea...you can feel it rather than truly hear it. When she's happy or excited she "grunts".

then there are the silent types, my favourite when you have a lot of rats in your bedroom and are a light sleeper. :nohear:

One of my boys (I think it is Pax) is soooo noisy. I have the two young boys in with Aslan and Miraz and Miraz likes to sit on top of the double decker hammock and bug Pax. So, Pax makes this horrible sqeaking noise like he is dying... but really, not much is happening, lol.

Kimberly, is the "talking" a series of squeaks or is it more like little monkey noises?

SQ's Jordan used to make funny little noises, as did Corrie when I first got her. I thought at first that it was communication, but according to Debbie Ducommun it is a sign of a myco flareup.

With both Jordan and Corrie, the noises stopped after a course of Baytril.

its all kinds of squeeks!! Its mainly when one bothers another , then you get a squeek or of course when Ducky decides to pin someone then they squeek. But they do talk alot to each other while grooming, its so adorable. Its light sounds like little grunts and chatters. Ill try and get it on video so everyone can hear them :)

Ducky and Gemini are known to chatter alot to mom while getting lovings or sitting happily up on my shoulder. Also when they are out, If I call Ducky he will happily come running to me jump up on my lap and chatter his teeth.

Mater is the quiet one of the bunch, not to often you hear anything from him. Mainly Gemini then Ducky.

My Moscow is the only talker I have really. And only if you try to touch him while he's eating, or if his brother and him wrestle. When he was little itty bitty I used to give him a carrot bit and have fun lightly touching my finger to his back. Like a magic button, he'd screw his eyes shut tight and squeek!
:roll: I know, it's kind of mean. But I wasn't even touching him really. Just the tip of my finger on his fur would make him do it. :D

Lol Rip, my little Percy cuddles, he was a real whiner he would whine and whine, if i took food from him he would let out a long moany squeek, like give it back mum! Poor guy always picked on :)

you have not seen a talkative rat till you see obama i mean i seriously think i can understand every word hes saying. just about 30 mins ago i was playing with him in a blanket and i rolled the blancket over and he sounded preety freaked out hear what he was saying

obama: get me the !@#$ out of her
me: oh gosh sorry
i unfold the blanket
obama: yea you better be sorry

i mean seriously 90% sure he said those exact things he said

Back