Rats ate eye ointment! Help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgo2882

I took my rat Bailey to the Vet monday because she has some dark crusties around her eye for about a week, and it was only half open. So the vet said since she lives with her 3 sisters and no one else has the same issue it is probably not a contagious infection yady yada ... and ended up giving me some ointment to clear it up...or hope that it does.
So tuesday night after putting it in bailey's eye i put the ointment on the rat's little night stand next to their cage that has their food and snacks.....welllllllllllllll i woke up wednesday (today) morning to find it missing! and I find only the very tip of it left in the cage, which means my 4 girls got a hold of it! (my guess is the cat jumped up on the night stand to play with the rats, and had to of knocked the ointment within reach of them...my fault)

So now i dont know if all 4 ate it or just 2 or one.... they acted perfectly normal this morning and ate and drank just fine
I AM SCARED....my vet is not in today so i am lost...... anyone have any advice or let me know what to look for in them if they are sick???
They ate the whole tube beside the tip..... oorrr they hid it somewhere but I can not find it anywhere

ahhhhhhhh - i feel so bad
any advice

Back