Rat does not like running ball

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

does your rat run in a ball or wheel at all!?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmm. Think I will test her out on the couch tonight...my couch is fairly low to the ground though, which is why I am worried. Maybe bed would be better... *scratches head*

My girls and youngest boys all LOVE their wheels! I need to get a new silent spinner for the girls though, as I gave theirs back to the boys when they got a wheel with their new Jenny but I don't think they like it quite as much - there used to be at least one running in it at any given time so they really seem to dislike this one.
As said earlier, it doesn't even bear thinking about putting a rat in a ball. They'd probably panic and get so frustrated, not to mention their backs :(

I only have one girl ..who will jump off everything ..funny thing is shes 26 months old haha

My rats HATE running balls.. dont even wanna touch them and mine dont like wheels, when Igave them one they stared at it then back at me like.. "what..? what am I suppost to do with this? run?.. are you kidding?" :giggle: A couple of my boys used it as a hammack for a while and just slept on the wheel LOL

Roo said:
missnikki said:
I'm always worried she will jump off the couch and run off though ... same with my bed...

So... I've never had any rats jump off a couch. I could leave them unattended for hours and come back and they'd still be running around on it, or snuggled in their blanket.

But my newest ratty will jump off in about 5 seconds. She's way more explorationy. I find the couch works for most rats, but always make sure they're out when you can stare at them for a few hours (watching a movie or something) and you should figure out their plans after a few weeks.

Couch is my favorite place to play with them :)

molly will run anywhere and everywhere if I'm not careful. we usually just let her sit on our heads or shoulders while we walk around the house doing stuff, she won't jump off something that high XD

Back