Rat bleeding. HELP!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coco

I was sitting watching tv and i looked over to the cage and saw my oldest girl Kia covered in blood. I ran over to the cage and picked her up to check her over and she was fine. I noticed that Benson's whole tail is covered in blood aswell so i picked her up and noticed she was bleeding really bad from her lady area! One of my rats has done this before but it's no where near as much as Benson. All the other rats are now covered in blood and the cage looks like a crime scene! I'm really worried about her. Does anybody know what's wrong with her? It doesn't look like she's been sratched or bit..just girl problems but i didn't think they did that? Any help would be greatful as i'm freaking out!

She needs to see a vet for med, hopefully it's just a bladder infection, in the meantime, keep her warm and fed, try to make sure she eats and drinks, if you have Ensure or Boost on hand, give her some.

Back