Random Photo Shoots at the MiniPond

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I think I saw honey in that one vid while everyone was out playing and she was on top of the cage or on that high shelf?

no that was her, lol, and she did lose some weight, she does look so much better, after a proper diet and lots of out time. I keep taking them down and they always climb back up there, as soon as I open the door, if I am not careful, Minnie is on top of the cage the little monkey lol! She has always been like that though, but this was the first time she took Mitzi and Honey with her (Honey used to climb up the RUUD but first time with the DCN). I get so worried they are going to fall off, so I always keep a close eye haha, at one point one of the sisters was behind the cage, between it and the wall, upside down, but by the time I got over there she was back on top

it does because there are 12 in there and some are not yet litter trained and i am in the process of getting either liners or deep pans. if i was thinking i never would have put them in there until then, but the ruud is apart and the hamster is living in the top part.......

and everyone loves honey LOL! not sure what it is about her either, shes just so damn loveable

New pictures!! Gave them their Christmas gifts, and they seemed to like them. I also redecorated their cage, I am open to suggestions, since I had no idea what to put in or where to put it (or even if I hung it up right haha). I have some videos, but because of all the Christmas videos I am uploading, it might be a couple days before I get them posted:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

I don't pay attention to Stewie for one minute, and he takes one of the cubes in the cage up to the top shelf and this is what happened to it :?

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

And then I find Honey with her head in the bag of hamster treats, and she would not give it up haha:

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

The cage now (I could not take the photo of the full thing with the doors open, because I had to stand in the doorway):

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Some things never change eh? The married couple snuggling in the igloo together:

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Honey with her head in the lunch bag:

IMG_0105.jpg

So I played around with the blocks that MamaRat gave me, and this is what I got so far. I would like to get one of each rat, so I might get out Hayden's blocks (or just buy more, for the names that have more than one of the same letter haha)

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Those are awesome shots. They made a killing at christmas! Love the one with honey and the treat.

cleaned their cage, took everything out to replace it and they didn't seem to want to come out lol

[BBvideo 450,375:1f0btyea]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOC2IBSK09k&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:1f0btyea]

Honey seems to be the only one who wanted to check them out

[BBvideo 450,375:1f0btyea]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfKWh7ytlu0&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:1f0btyea]

Alice and Mitzi join Honey in checking everything out

[BBvideo 450,375:1f0btyea]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cA1EPUaxM&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:1f0btyea]

Playing with the treat ball (which i cannot figure out the right size to leave the openings apparently) and Alice is determined to go see the hamster haha

[BBvideo 450,375:1f0btyea]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9AXJdoCmhY&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo:1f0btyea]

Wow, great gang you have there now! I have had 10 in my DCN, and that was the most my bunch could tolerate with the personalities in the group. I keep my cage against the wall, and they climb out onto the top of the cage, and go head-first down the back between the cage and the wall. I do put padding down on the floor every time they get up just in case - I have had the occasional rat come off the top! I also use tray and shelf liners, and you would not believe how many times a rat will stretch too far off the shelf and then end up rolling off the edge and hanging upsidedown, holding on for dear life! If there were no liners, they would have been on the floor, and not nicely!
Congratulations on such an easy intro and a fun colony!

Back