Quick Question About Myco

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Hey all,

Just wondering. I noticed that my rat Kamchie's doing a sniffing noise when I put my ear close to her sides. Dunno if it's coming from her nose but it seems to be coming from her breathing system. Is a sniffing noise a bad sign? Eyways, I'm going to he vet this saturday so I might as well know so I could bring Kamchie in in case the vet would have the time to check her.

Definately get her checked out. It could be a simple URI as well. Baytril or combo of Baytril and Doxy for 14 days would be a good start.

Oh no. I was hoping it was not that. I'm pretty broke right now. All next year, I'll be dealing with a budget of maybe.. 20-30$ a month of pocket money :cry4:

I hope I get a job this summer or else I'll have to let my ratties get worse with their breathing problems.

The abs might not be that expensive. I always find the vet visits more expensive then the abs themselves.

An appointent is 40 or 50$. Baytril alone is 40$ for a 2 week bottle that didin't work on Zumi. :doh: Enyways, I'm expecting to get out of there with a bill of 100-150$ since I need my vet to check is Zumi has mites or lices or whatever her skin problem is. :wallbang:

If you buy the injectable baytril and give it orally, it costs quite a bit for a bottle but lasts for years.
You need to be getting meds that are not mixed up by a vet as you can mix them youirself and it saves a lot of money.

With 6 rats you are going to have a lot of vet bills.
Hope you get that summer job and put all of your earnings into a vet fund for the rats.
If you do not have a copy of the Rat Health Care book (www.ratfanclub.org) you may want to buy one. Mine has helped me a great deal thus decreasing vet costs and I have learned to do many things myself.

I am ordering that right now actually. :thumbup:

And I will get a summer job. I miscalculated by budjet. I thought I was gonna have 100$ per month of pocket money, not 20-30$. I thought I was gonna be ok. :doh:

So so hard being a student. :redhot:

But my ratties will be spoiled in 2 years when I'll become a junior webmaster! I'm gonna graduate in 17 days and become a junior Programmer / junior Analyst. So all these 3 together will get me a good job. :joy:

Problem solved. I just recalculated...again.. my budjet and this time with the correct amounts for my appartment, college, ehating, internet, food ect ect....

If we're 3 in the appart, im gonna be allowed 353,75$ pocket money per month

If I get my 1200$ for being a girl in a "guy" domain, i'll be allowed 537 pocket money per month

If we're 4 persons in the appart, which we're trying to.

451,25 pocket money per month allowed, if I'm getting that 1200$, it's gonna be 634,5 pocket money per months.

I plan on not spending that much too, it's ALOT of money so there's gonna be a little pile of money saved for rattie spoiling and vet. :joy:

I have to thank my dad whop passed away the 17th december 2008, because he left me alot of money. Thank you daddy! You saved me some student loans and rattie not having vets!

Back