Question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

Now that poor Tory is alone I was wondering what I should do. Next Tuesday Meesa is getting spayed and then they can all be together...so should I just leave him in his cage and use everyday until then to make sure they are all very comfortable with him by having daily play sessions with the babies......( I usually leave Piper and Meesa in the cage and put the babies and Tory in the play room together for a few hours) or should I put Meesa and Piper in the small cage together and Tory in with the others in the big cage....Or leave Tory in the small cage and put two of the boys in with him..(some of the little girls are a bit frightened of his stinky man smell)..It is a hard decision....I don't want Tory to be alone but I don't want to separate Piper from her babies Or any of the babies from each other....
Tory does not seem to be sad at all....he is acting the same as always...loveable and very interested in food......
All opinions welcome.......

Dahlas said:
Now that poor Tory is alone I was wondering what I should do. Next Tuesday Meesa is getting spayed and then they can all be together...so should I just leave him in his cage and use everyday until then to make sure they are all very comfortable with him by having daily play sessions with the babies......( I usually leave Piper and Meesa in the cage and put the babies and Tory in the play room together for a few hours) or should I put Meesa and Piper in the small cage together and Tory in with the others in the big cage....Or leave Tory in the small cage and put two of the boys in with him..(some of the little girls are a bit frightened of his stinky man smell)..It is a hard decision....I don't want Tory to be alone but I don't want to separate Piper from her babies Or any of the babies from each other....
Tory does not seem to be sad at all....he is acting the same as always...loveable and very interested in food......
All opinions welcome.......

What you are doing now sounds just right for him. Its when they get depressed and unhappy that you might need to do something else. He sounds like he'll be fine for a short while.

Thanks...It is hard to go to bed and know that he is in the cage alone...last night he cuddled on the bed with us for a long time.....but he seems perfectly happy in the cage alone to...
He doesn't bother the little girls at all but some of them hide and squeak.....they must be frightened of his smell? I assume they will get over that...I took a video of them playing I think you can hear some squeaking in it...I will upload as soon as my batteries charge.
Silly little girls.

Back