Puffy Girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I have two baby rats that I have been introducing to my other rats for over a month now......they spend at least an hour together every night.....lately I have increased that to all evening.....about 5 hours. A few times I have even left them all together all evening and all night in their playpen. The little ones are still small enough to get out of the big cage. They babies are now 12 weeks old and were spayed over a week ago and they did miss a couple of nights playing together while they healed from their spay.
The other rats have all been great with the babies.......There were a few times the babies got pinned (mostly Phoebe) for being to pesky. But that hasn't happened for a few weeks. So every night they are together there is no pinning, no squeaking. I see them all curled up together sleeping...no problems. But every time I give them snacks.....mostly peas, my one girl Angel puffs up. She never chases them away, or stops them from eating......nothing except she gets all puffy. She will even let them eat right next to her......but she is puffed up the whole time. Doesn't seem to bother the babies at all......
It just seems kind of strange…..and funny. :giggle:

Here are all the rats......Angel is the puffy PEW
The baby is Pheobe the little agouti coming out of the iglo.
P8120008.jpg

here is Phoebe right next to Angel. She didn't do anything or move....she is just puffy.
P8120010.jpg

I just thought I would add this picture of little Prue next to Honey....she is really growing.
P8120018.jpg

By being puffy, she's sending off a signal to the babies... the babies must be respecting it because she doesn't need to follow through with a pinning. She's a good girl!!

Hahahahaa!!! Puffy rats makes me laugh. When my boys puff, i pick them up and look them right in the eye and call them all silly, give them a BIG SMOOCH, which they really don't appreciate, then put them back. The smooch annoys them a bit, because they are trying so hard to be in a bad mood and look all big and tough, and then i go and ruin it all :D

lindsayfawn said:
It's so funny how big they can get when they puff up and do that little waddle lol
what pretty ratties! :heart:

I think our ratties look similar...... :heart:

Angel is not that big of girl but when she is puffy she looks like a ball. I tried telling her it makes her look very wide....but she didn't care.

I think Puffy PEWs and Himis are funniest of all. Little white angels filled with anger.

My himi, Melody, is the only one who gets seriously puffy for any reason, and it is FUNNY.

Moon said:
Little white angels filled with anger.

:laugh4: :laugh4:
I just laughed so loud i woke my mum up in the room next door and got told to go to bed! Been many a year since i've been told by my mother to go to bed

Back