Prima May 16, 2006 to February 2, 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Prima and her 3 sisters and Mom came to me when a contact at a local HS put out the word that they had taken in 7 rats and they weren’t going to be kept for long. They were slated for euthanasia when AliceMcMallis went and pulled out the girls for me, and the boys (Dad and son) for Vanessa.

The babies were about 6 weeks old and mom was only about 5-6 months old at the time and very nippy. The baby girls were delightful except one fawn baby had a micro-eye which could mean future problems. Micro-eye often shows up in overbred, badly bred rats.

Just home…Prima’s the one at the other side of the table with her butt towards us (they have Revolution on their fur so that’s why they look wet)
theentirefamily.jpg

Baby Prima actually facing us
Prima.jpg

Here she is chasing Lucine who grabbed the feather toy and ran!
Lucineboltsforthecorner.jpg

Mirror, mirror on the….
Mirrormirroronthewall.jpg

The Kleenex Kill Game!
Giveusthat.jpg

Prima won!
Primawinsthegame.jpg

The entire family after their spay (mom Aura had an e-spay when she arrived because they had been living with males)
L to R: Lucine, Terra, Aura, Prima and Zuri
HamiltonrescuefamilyAuraat11moan-1.jpg

New friends…Prima is on the right
TheHordeisawake.jpg

Trying to coax me into playing with her
Primawantstoplay.jpg

Primawantstoplay2.jpg

Prima was a beautiful lady, who was one of my wonderful Horde. She left me tonight only 2 days after losing Brie and Kyrie. I will miss her sweet nature very much. She really loved Brie and now they are reunited again. :heart:

Here is a video of the Hamilton babies (and Aura) at play.

What a beautiful little family.
Prima :heart: is so very beautiful. Thank you for sharing such happy memories of her life with us.
Prima :heart: had a wonderful life with you, Shelagh.
She was a fortunate little girl for that.

(((HUGS)))

What happened Shelagh? Did she pass suddenly?

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting a break from grief. What a sad time for you!

MumsyRat said:
What happened Shelagh? Did she pass suddenly?

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting a break from grief. What a sad time for you!

Prima grew an inguinal tumour and a respiratory problem at the same time. The tumour was slow growing (due to her spay?) but the respiratory is what took its toll. I am not sure why she died quite when she did, but I knew it was coming soon after she got very limp and cool yesterday, and stopped eating out of the blue. :sad-p:

I now have 10 little munchkins in my freezer, soon there won't be any more room for frozen food. I had to remove the chicken pies to put Prima's box inside. I will be eating chicken pies for a couple of days...:roll:

I am going to need to rent freezer space from someone...lol

I'm so very sorry Shelagh. I remember seeing these babies and mom Aura shortly after you got them. Such an adorable litter.

I'm wondering if the inguinal tumour could have been an infection stemming from the stump? In any case... she's free now and in good company.

I'm sorry Shelagh. You have had a rough couple of weeks but it must be good to think that they are all together at the bridge starting the other life together. Take Care.

Ann

Prima had a wonderful second chance at life because of you.

Phoe, another animal control rattie as you know, is sitting rather solemnly on my shoulder as I type this.

:roseopen:

Damn, you see that sweet baby and she looks like her curiosity & joy will keep her here for a long long time. How can so much life pass so soon?
I'm sorry. So much hearbreak for you, I can only say I know that the happiness you give to the kids outweighs even your grief at their loss, and I know even more certainly that you wouldn't have it any other way.

Your Prima is ok, I hope you are.

Back